OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Zach Jackson scored 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and Omaha scored the last four points of the game to slip past Purdue Fort Wayne 74-71 on Saturday night.
Jackson hit two free throws with 4:51 remaining in the game to give the Mavericks (16-9, 10-2 Summit League) a 70-60 lead. The Mastodons (17-11, 9-4) answered with an 11-0 run, capped by John Konchar’s 3-pointer, to grab a 71-70 lead with 2:19 left. Matt Pile rebounded his own missed shot and scored with 1:15 to go and JT Gibson’s layup with 10 seconds left sealed the win.
Pile finished with 14 points and seven rebounds, while Gibson and Mitchell Hahn scored 11 apiece.
Konchar topped PFW with 20 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult