LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Chloe Jackson scored a season-high 22 points on 10-of-14 shooting and had eight assists, seven rebounds and two steals to lead No. 2 Baylor to a 94-68 win over Kansas on Wednesday night.
Kalani Brown added 15 points, DiDi Richards 14 and Lauren Cox and NaLyssa Smith had 13 apiece for the Bears (14-1, 4-0 Big 12). With Texas losing at Kansas State, Baylor took over sole possession of first place in the Big 12.
Baylor was 13 of 16 from the field in the first quarter, racing to a 29-15 lead, and was 9 of 13 in the second to make it 53-36 at the half. With Jackson, Richards and Smith combining to go 15 for 15 from the field for 32 points, the Bears set a record for the most points at the half of a conference game. Richards scored 10 of the first 15 points on five backdoor layups.
Kansas kept it relatively close through three quarters by going 13 of 22 from 3-point range but the Jayhawks (11-4, 1-3) cooled off to go 1 of 6 in the fourth quarter. The last 3 was a school-record 14th, which doubled their season average.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' magic number gets lower despite their struggles continuing vs. Rangers
- Notebook: UW adds another DeBoer, Drone Gate rages on, and are secondary reinforcements coming?
- Why both Geno Smith and Russell Wilson have given Seahawks fans solace
- What's going on with Seahawks defensive end Darrell Taylor?
- These former UW classmates will improbably reunite on the field as competitors and Pac-12 sack leaders
Jessica Washington tied a school record with six 3-pointers for 18 points and Kylee Kopatich had five for 17, combining to go 11 of 16 from distance for Kansas.