NORMAL, Ill. (AP) — Darius Burford scored 18 points and Kendall Lewis added four points in overtime as Illinois State took down UIC 68-62 on Wednesday night.
Burford went 9 of 14 from the field for the Redbirds (10-14, 5-8 Missouri Valley Conference). Luke Kasubke was 4 of 8 shooting, including 3 for 5 from distance, and went 3 for 5 from the line to add 14 points. Lewis was 3 of 10 shooting, including 1 for 3 from distance, and went 5 for 6 from the line to finish with 12 points, while adding 11 rebounds.
Trevante Anderson finished with 29 points for the Flames (9-15, 1-12). UIC also got 19 points and three steals from Jace Carter. In addition, Toby Okani had seven points and two blocks. The loss was the Flames’ 10th straight.
The Associated Press created this story using technology provided by Data Skrive and data from Sportradar.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' Cal Raleigh chases dreams one grueling workout at a time VIEW
- NFL mock draft roundup: How Seahawks' moves in free agency will affect draft
- Seahawks release DT Al Woods as they continue to reshape defensive line
- How this Husky flamethrower transformed himself from an afterthought to an ace
- Drew Timme leads Gonzaga men into Sweet 16 and rematch with UCLA