AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Joyner Holmes scored 17 points, Sug Sutton made four free throws in the final 10 seconds and No. 11 Texas held on for a 73-67 win over TCU on Saturday.
Danni Williams added 15 points for the Longhorns (15-3, 5-1 Big 12), who bounced back from an 18-point loss at Kansas State. Charlie Collier had 14 points on 5-of-6 shooting and Destiny Littleton 11.
Texas had a 15-point lead late in in the third quarter when Williams nailed a 3-pointer, the third-straight possession the Longhorns scored from distance. An 8-0 surge, with Jayde Woods scoring six, helped TCU close within nine entering the fourth quarter.
The Horned Frogs cut it to one twice in the fourth quarter but never had an opportunity to tie or take the lead until forcing a Texas turnover in the final minute trailing 68-65. Sutton stole the ball with 16 seconds left and hit 5 of 6 free throws.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions
Jordan Moore led TCU (12-5, 2-4) with 20 points and Amy Okonkwo added 18.