FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — Matt Holba scored a career-high 23 points on 6-of-7 shooting from 3-point range and 5-of-5 shooting from the foul line to lead Fort Wayne to a 91-81 win over Denver on Saturday night.
Kason Harrell added 16 points and John Konchar and Matt Weir had 15 apiece as the Mastodons (13-10, 5-3 Summit League) ended a three-game losing streak.
Ronnie Harrell Jr. had 24 points with four 3-pointers and 11 rebounds for the Pioneers (7-15, 2-6). Ade Murkey added 21 points.
Fort Wayne led 41-40 at the half but used a 12-4 surge early in the second half to open a 58-48 lead.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No. 18 Huskies overwhelm Stanford in 40-22 rout to stay undefeated
- Mariners blow nine-run lead in stunning collapse, lose 13-12 to Royals
- The Huskies have already washed away bad taste of last season. The wins — and good vibes — are back.
- 'C---’d it': WSU's letdown loss to Oregon brings a familiar feeling for Cougs
- Seahawks' comeback falls short in 27-23 loss to Falcons
The Mastodons shot 56 percent in the second half, making 7 of 12 3-pointers to finish 12 of 25 from distance. Denver shot better than 50 percent in both halves but after making 7 of 13 behind the arc in the first half went 1 of 6 in the second. The Pioneers also had 15 turnovers and Fort Wayne converted those into 27 points while committing just six turnovers.