Wild coho returning to the Hoh River on the northern Olympic Peninsula coast are not living up to preseason expectations.
Therefore, state Fish and Wildlife has decided to close the Hoh River from Tuesday (Nov. 24) through Nov. 30.
The Hoh will reopen Dec. 1 for steelhead and other gamefish fishing.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seattle Kraken releases long-awaited season-ticket pricing: Here's what it'll cost to watch live at Climate Pledge Arena
- On 'an extremely difficult day,' Pac-12 Conference follows Big Ten in postponing fall sports seasons
- Decision to cancel Pac-12 fall football is heartbreaking. But it's also the right call.
- As Big Ten and Pac-12 football season-cancellation reports swirl, UW Huskies in limbo
- The Seahawks are finally ready to take the field at training camp. Here's what we'll watch for.