ELON, N.C. (AP) — Justin Wright-Foreman scored 21 points, Eli Pemberton had 13 of his 15 in the second half and Hofstra rallied to beat Elon 74-71 on Saturday night to win its 12th straight game and remain unbeaten in the Colonial Athletic Association.
Tyler Seibring opened the second half with a basket to give Elon a 10-point lead but Jalen Ray gave the Pride its first lead of the half with a 3-pointer with under 11 minutes left and put Hofstra in front for good with another from the arc just over a minute later.
Hofstra built an eight-point lead before the Phoenix (5-14, 1-5) got within one twice, the final time with 11.6 seconds left. But Wright-Foreman made two free throws and Seibring’s 3-point try hit the front iron as time expired.
Jacquil Taylor added 13 points for Hofstra.
Most Read Sports Stories
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Seahawks schedule analysis: Ranking and breaking down each game on Seattle's 2019 slate
- Why 2019 safety signee Asa Turner committed to a program, a position and a coach at Washington
- Seahawks 2019 regular-season schedule is set — Seattle will get five prime-time games
Seibring scored 25 points with four 3-pointers for Elon.
Hofstra has the nation’s third-longest current win streak behind Michigan (16) and Virginia (15).