Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle Thunderbirds for a 7-3 Western Hockey League victory on Wednesday night.
Dustin Tokarski finished with 19 saves in net for the Chiefs (39-16-0-3).
Jeremy Boyer scored two goals for Seattle and Thomas Hickey scored once. Netminder Calvin Pickard made 15 saves for the Thunderbirds (27-29-1-3).
Everett 7, Portland 3
Most Read Sports Stories
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Seahawks schedule analysis: Ranking and breaking down each game on Seattle's 2019 slate
- Why 2019 safety signee Asa Turner committed to a program, a position and a coach at Washington
- Seahawks 2019 regular-season schedule is set — Seattle will get five prime-time games
At Everett, the Silvertips took advantage of early power plays, cruising to a victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.
Campbell Elynuik scored his first WHL goal, while Byron Froese, Zack Dailey, Chris de la Lande, Shane Harper, Tyler Parker and Daniel Bartek also scored for Everett. Thomas Heemskerk made 15 saves for the Silvertips (25-26-7-2).