Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle Thunderbirds for a 7-3 Western Hockey League victory on Wednesday night.
Dustin Tokarski finished with 19 saves in net for the Chiefs (39-16-0-3).
Jeremy Boyer scored two goals for Seattle and Thomas Hickey scored once. Netminder Calvin Pickard made 15 saves for the Thunderbirds (27-29-1-3).
Everett 7, Portland 3
Most Read Sports Stories
- Washington football 2019 signing day superlatives: Who's the biggest get? The biggest sleeper?
- The Pac-12's optics get even worse following report on conference's TV network | Matt Calkins
- There’s no challenge too great for Teresa Buchholz — a Seattle U dancer born without arms. Just don’t call her inspiring. WATCH
- Tyler Lockett and Doug Baldwin are an elite duo, but the Seahawks could look to add a third receiver | 2019 position analysis
- Analysis: How does UW's QB situation measure up with the rest of the Pac-12?
At Everett, the Silvertips took advantage of early power plays, cruising to a victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.
Campbell Elynuik scored his first WHL goal, while Byron Froese, Zack Dailey, Chris de la Lande, Shane Harper, Tyler Parker and Daniel Bartek also scored for Everett. Thomas Heemskerk made 15 saves for the Silvertips (25-26-7-2).