Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle Thunderbirds for a 7-3 Western Hockey League victory on Wednesday night.
Dustin Tokarski finished with 19 saves in net for the Chiefs (39-16-0-3).
Jeremy Boyer scored two goals for Seattle and Thomas Hickey scored once. Netminder Calvin Pickard made 15 saves for the Thunderbirds (27-29-1-3).
Everett 7, Portland 3
Most Read Sports Stories
- Eastside Catholic's 4-star point guard Nolan Hickman headed to Wasatch Academy
- Washington's NFL team drops 'Redskins' name after 87 years
- She's back: Star Sue Bird returns to court with renewed focus as Storm takes aim at another title
- 323 ballparks down, only 2 to go: Lynnwood couple's quest on hold due to COVID VIEW
- Top pitching prospect Logan Gilbert makes his T-Mobile Park 'debut' in Mariners intrasquad game VIEW
At Everett, the Silvertips took advantage of early power plays, cruising to a victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.
Campbell Elynuik scored his first WHL goal, while Byron Froese, Zack Dailey, Chris de la Lande, Shane Harper, Tyler Parker and Daniel Bartek also scored for Everett. Thomas Heemskerk made 15 saves for the Silvertips (25-26-7-2).