Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle Thunderbirds for a 7-3 Western Hockey League victory on Wednesday night.
Dustin Tokarski finished with 19 saves in net for the Chiefs (39-16-0-3).
Jeremy Boyer scored two goals for Seattle and Thomas Hickey scored once. Netminder Calvin Pickard made 15 saves for the Thunderbirds (27-29-1-3).
Everett 7, Portland 3
Most Read Sports Stories
- 49ers' rally keeps Seahawks in second place, but schedule about to turn daunting for San Francisco
- Megan Rapinoe won a Woman of the Year award. She thanked Colin Kaepernick.
- Imagining a life after football: We asked several Seahawks what they wanted to do after NFL days are over | Matt Calkins
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Seahawks linebacker Mychal Kendricks' sentencing in insider-trading case postponed for fifth time
At Everett, the Silvertips took advantage of early power plays, cruising to a victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.
Campbell Elynuik scored his first WHL goal, while Byron Froese, Zack Dailey, Chris de la Lande, Shane Harper, Tyler Parker and Daniel Bartek also scored for Everett. Thomas Heemskerk made 15 saves for the Silvertips (25-26-7-2).