Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson and Drayson Bowman each finished with hat tricks, two on penalty shots by Bowman, as the Spokane Chiefs powered past the Seattle Thunderbirds for a 7-3 Western Hockey League victory on Wednesday night.
Dustin Tokarski finished with 19 saves in net for the Chiefs (39-16-0-3).
Jeremy Boyer scored two goals for Seattle and Thomas Hickey scored once. Netminder Calvin Pickard made 15 saves for the Thunderbirds (27-29-1-3).
Everett 7, Portland 3
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sophomore quarterback Jake Haener leaves UW Huskies one week before season opener
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
- Impressions from the Seahawks' preseason win against the Los Angeles Chargers | Analysis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- We know Jacob Eason has the arm, but does he have the other traits to take UW to the promised land? | Matt Calkins
At Everett, the Silvertips took advantage of early power plays, cruising to a victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.
Campbell Elynuik scored his first WHL goal, while Byron Froese, Zack Dailey, Chris de la Lande, Shane Harper, Tyler Parker and Daniel Bartek also scored for Everett. Thomas Heemskerk made 15 saves for the Silvertips (25-26-7-2).