Swift Current’s Glenn Gadwin scored 2:40 into overtime to lift the Broncos to a 3-2 win over the host Everett Silvertips in the Western Hockey League finals.
Swift Current’s Glenn Gadwin scored 2:40 into overtime to lift the Broncos to a 3-2 win over the host Everett Silvertips on Tuesday night in the Western Hockey League finals.
Gadwin had forced overtime when he scored with three minutes left in regulation. He also scored the team’s first goal.
Swift Current holds a 2-1 advantage in the best-of-seven series, with the teams playing again in Everett on Wednesday night.
The Silvertips held a 2-1 lead after two periods, thanks to goals from Riley Sutter and Matt Fonteyne in the first period.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory
- Let's make a deal? Assessing the Mariners' likely trade chips as deadline looms | Analysis
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 60-46: Where will Shaquem Griffin fit in this season? | Analysis
- Seahawks place four rookies — including Marquise Blair and Ben Burr-Kirven — on PUP list
- 2A player of the year and 2020 UW commit Sawyer Racanelli to miss senior season with torn ACL
Stuart Skinner made 37 saves for Swift Current, which outshot Everett 39-32.
Carter Hart made 29 saves for the Silvertips.