Tyler Johnson had a hat trick as the Spokane Chiefs routed the Seattle Thunderbirds 8-2 Wednesday night in a Western Hockey League game...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson had a hat trick as the Spokane Chiefs routed the Seattle Thunderbirds 8-2 Wednesday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Johnson scored all of his goals in the second period. Marek Kalus, Steven Kuhn, Tanner Mort, Matt Marantz and Tyler Vanscourt also scored goals for Spokane (20-10-3-2). Brady Brassart had three assists.
Seattle’s Travis Toomey scored the game’s first goal, then watched as Spokane scored eight straight goals. Charles Wells scored in the final minute for the Thunderbirds (15-12-3-4).
Seattle next plays at Portland on Friday night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sophomore quarterback Jake Haener leaves UW Huskies one week before season opener
- Impressions from the Seahawks' preseason win against the Los Angeles Chargers | Analysis
- Analysis: Projecting the Seahawks' 53-man roster after their third preseason game
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
From Internet reports