Tyler Johnson had a hat trick as the Spokane Chiefs routed the Seattle Thunderbirds 8-2 Wednesday night in a Western Hockey League game...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson had a hat trick as the Spokane Chiefs routed the Seattle Thunderbirds 8-2 Wednesday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Johnson scored all of his goals in the second period. Marek Kalus, Steven Kuhn, Tanner Mort, Matt Marantz and Tyler Vanscourt also scored goals for Spokane (20-10-3-2). Brady Brassart had three assists.
Seattle’s Travis Toomey scored the game’s first goal, then watched as Spokane scored eight straight goals. Charles Wells scored in the final minute for the Thunderbirds (15-12-3-4).
Seattle next plays at Portland on Friday night.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism
From Internet reports