Tyler Johnson had a hat trick as the Spokane Chiefs routed the Seattle Thunderbirds 8-2 Wednesday night in a Western Hockey League game...
SPOKANE — Tyler Johnson had a hat trick as the Spokane Chiefs routed the Seattle Thunderbirds 8-2 Wednesday night in a Western Hockey League game.
Johnson scored all of his goals in the second period. Marek Kalus, Steven Kuhn, Tanner Mort, Matt Marantz and Tyler Vanscourt also scored goals for Spokane (20-10-3-2). Brady Brassart had three assists.
Seattle’s Travis Toomey scored the game’s first goal, then watched as Spokane scored eight straight goals. Charles Wells scored in the final minute for the Thunderbirds (15-12-3-4).
Seattle next plays at Portland on Friday night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Sonic Spencer Haywood calls his portrayal in HBO's 'Winning Time' a 'blessing'
- Here's why Jarred Kelenic is the biggest conundrum in the Mariners' rebuilding plan
- Julio Rodriguez shows he's adjusting to life in majors with first four-hit day for Mariners
- Mariners beat Mets in finale, earn first road series win of season
- Nouhou has had a breakout year on the world stage, and the Sounders may not be able to keep him for long
From Internet reports