Geordie Wudrick scored in double overtime and Kelowna beat the Everett Silvertips 5-4 in a Western Hockey League playoff game.
KELOWNA, B.C. — Geordie Wudrick scored 46 seconds into the second overtime period, Mark Guggenberger made 39 saves and Kelowna beat the Everett Silvertips 5-4 in a Western Hockey League playoff game Wednesday night.
Wudrick’s second goal of the game was his sixth of the series.
The best-of-seven, first-round series is tied 2-2. Game 5 will be at 7:35 p.m. Friday at Comcast Arena in Everett. Game 6 will be in Kelowna Saturday and Game 7, if necessary, will be Monday night in Everett.
Shane Harper, Markus McCrea, Clayton Cumiskey and Ryan Murray scored for Everett, while Thomas Heemskerk made 30 saves.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- With QB job apparently his, Jacob Eason gets chance to take UW Huskies to new level | Larry Stone
- Jacob Eason is the starter ... but UW QB Jake Haener will also play in Huskies' season opener
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
- Jim Zorn isn't afraid of new challenges — he relishes them. That's why he's XFL Seattle's new coach and GM.