TORONTO (AP) — Enough talk about that toothless Toronto offense. Cleveland manager Terry Francona had a real dental issue to deal with after Game 3 of the AL Championship Series.
Francona says he had to see a dentist after Monday night’s game because of a mishap earlier in the night.
“Right before the game, I mean, like literally, my lower tooth, the veneer popped out while I was chewing,” Francona told reporters Tuesday. “I undid my tobacco and there’s my tooth.”
Francona said he was able to go around 1 a.m. to see a dentist, who met him downtown. The manager said he was “good to go” before Game 4 on Tuesday.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
The Indians lead the Blue Jays 3-0 in the ALCS.