Both teams had strong pitching and reliable hitting to piece together storybook seasons.
Class 4A state champions Woodinville (softball) and Puyallup (baseball) also finished ranked among the nation’s best in a pair of postseason polls.
“We’re the team that everybody’s rooting against,” said Puyallup coach Marc Wiese after beating Kentlake in the championship game at Safeco Field in May. “When you’re pretty good, that’s what you want and I love that feeling. Hopefully we can continue those things.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 power rankings: Here's where Huskies and Cougars land after regular season
- Mariners reach agreement with right-handed reliever Trevor Gott
- Seahawks' loss to Raiders indefensible, and that's the problem
- Michael Penix Jr. undecided on NFL draft but will play in UW Huskies' bowl game
- Seahawks announce throwback uniforms in 2023