No high-school basketball team from Washington had won a national championship. After winning the Class 3A state title and finishing a perfect 29-0, Nathan Hale is the first.
No high-school basketball team from Washington has won a national championship.
Until Nathan Hale that is.
Four of the seven national high-school basketball polls ranked the Raiders (29-0) as the No. 1 team in the country this week.
The final poll, from HS Hoops Elite, was published Wednesday evening and broke a tie between Nathan Hale and La Lumiere, of LaPorte, Ind., which won the Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals last week.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mailbag: What would it take to get Jalen Ramsey? Will Rashaad Penny play more? | Bob Condotta
- Pete Carroll: Ziggy Ansah could play 'considerably' vs. Saints; officials didn't see hit on Russell Wilson WATCH
- KeyArena interior completely gutted as officials prepare for final excavation work ahead of rebuild VIEW
- Five things to know about the Seahawks' Week 3 opponent, the New Orleans Saints
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went right in Seahawks’ win over the Steelers
Here’s how the polls shook out: