No high-school basketball team from Washington had won a national championship. After winning the Class 3A state title and finishing a perfect 29-0, Nathan Hale is the first.
No high-school basketball team from Washington has won a national championship.
Until Nathan Hale that is.
Four of the seven national high-school basketball polls ranked the Raiders (29-0) as the No. 1 team in the country this week.
The final poll, from HS Hoops Elite, was published Wednesday evening and broke a tie between Nathan Hale and La Lumiere, of LaPorte, Ind., which won the Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals last week.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
- UW's Jake Browning set to play in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl at the Rose Bowl on Saturday
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Here’s how the polls shook out: