No high-school basketball team from Washington had won a national championship. After winning the Class 3A state title and finishing a perfect 29-0, Nathan Hale is the first.
No high-school basketball team from Washington has won a national championship.
Until Nathan Hale that is.
Four of the seven national high-school basketball polls ranked the Raiders (29-0) as the No. 1 team in the country this week.
The final poll, from HS Hoops Elite, was published Wednesday evening and broke a tie between Nathan Hale and La Lumiere, of LaPorte, Ind., which won the Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals last week.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After being fired, Lorena Martin levels accusations of racism at Mariners, who call them 'false'
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- UW Huskies make scholarship offer to Kennedy Catholic's Sam Huard, top QB recruit in 2021 class VIEW
- Pac-12 Power Rankings Week 11: Will USC fire Clay Helton? | Jon Wilner
- Huskies, Cougars rise in AP poll as Apple Cup draws near
Here’s how the polls shook out: