No high-school basketball team from Washington had won a national championship. After winning the Class 3A state title and finishing a perfect 29-0, Nathan Hale is the first.
No high-school basketball team from Washington has won a national championship.
Until Nathan Hale that is.
Four of the seven national high-school basketball polls ranked the Raiders (29-0) as the No. 1 team in the country this week.
The final poll, from HS Hoops Elite, was published Wednesday evening and broke a tie between Nathan Hale and La Lumiere, of LaPorte, Ind., which won the Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals last week.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Federal Way star Jaden McDaniels breaks silence, announces commitment to Washington
- Kurt Warner says Seahawks' Russell Wilson isn't a top-five NFL QB, and he might be right | Matt Calkins
- UW's Mike Hopkins is a great coach; adding Jaden McDaniels shows he may be a better recruiter. That's scary for the Pac-12.
- Analysis: Answering the biggest questions following Jaden McDaniels’ commitment to UW
- What we learned from the Seahawks' first open OTA: Injuries, contracts and position changes
Here’s how the polls shook out: