No high-school basketball team from Washington had won a national championship. After winning the Class 3A state title and finishing a perfect 29-0, Nathan Hale is the first.
No high-school basketball team from Washington has won a national championship.
Until Nathan Hale that is.
Four of the seven national high-school basketball polls ranked the Raiders (29-0) as the No. 1 team in the country this week.
The final poll, from HS Hoops Elite, was published Wednesday evening and broke a tie between Nathan Hale and La Lumiere, of LaPorte, Ind., which won the Dick’s Sporting Goods High School Nationals last week.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- Seahawks need to stay grounded, veer away from the surreal | Stone
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
Here’s how the polls shook out: