Pat Mullen, Mel Ninnis, Eric Swanson and Dennis Gowan are the latest class from the state coaches association.
The Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association announced its latest Hall of Fame class Friday.
Pat Mullen, who coached at Emerald Ridge in Puyallup and Bethel High in Spanaway, Mel Ninnis of Clover Park in Tacoma, Eric Swanson of Toutle Lake and Dennis Gowan, who was a longtime assistant coach in eastern Washington, make up the latest class.
The Ed Pepple Service Award will go to Glenn Johnson and Kevin McKay for “their leadership in surveying the state superintendents on the state basketball tournament.”
The 42nd induction ceremony is July 18 at the Tacoma Elks Lodge.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken makes Michigan center Matty Beniers the first NHL entry draft pick in franchise history
- 'It's hard to feel overly optimistic': National media react to the Kraken's picks in the NHL expansion draft
- Guardians chosen as new name for Cleveland's baseball team
- Reactions mixed to WSU Cougars football coach Nick Rolovich decision to decline COVID-19 vaccine
- Check out the Kraken's inaugural NHL schedule, including when it opens at Climate Pledge Arena