Pat Mullen, Mel Ninnis, Eric Swanson and Dennis Gowan are the latest class from the state coaches association.
The Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association announced its latest Hall of Fame class Friday.
Pat Mullen, who coached at Emerald Ridge in Puyallup and Bethel High in Spanaway, Mel Ninnis of Clover Park in Tacoma, Eric Swanson of Toutle Lake and Dennis Gowan, who was a longtime assistant coach in eastern Washington, make up the latest class.
The Ed Pepple Service Award will go to Glenn Johnson and Kevin McKay for “their leadership in surveying the state superintendents on the state basketball tournament.”
The 42nd induction ceremony is July 18 at the Tacoma Elks Lodge.
Most Read Sports Stories
- How one lifelong Mariners fan accidentally took down the team's president, Kevin Mather
- 'It got old': Jarred Kelenic, agent open up on frustrations with Mariners delaying his MLB debut
- With Jarred Kelenic's ire toward Mariners raised, scrutiny over his opening-day status is further elevated
- If K.J. Wright moves on from the Seahawks, here's how he'll be remembered on and off the field
- With ‘Boundless Futures’ program, here’s how UW Huskies are prepared for inevitable name, image and likeness legislation