Potential sites near Seattle include Pop Keeney in Bothell, Memorial Stadium and Renton Stadium.
In January, the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association announced it would no longer use the Tacoma Dome as a venue for the football state semifinals, citing increased costs.
Tuesday, the WIAA released the potential sites for the semifinals. In the Puget Sound area, those sites include Pop Keeney in Bothell, Memorial Stadium in Seattle, Renton Stadium, Sparks Stadium in Puyallup, Mount Tahoma High School in Tacoma and Tumwater High School.
The WIAA will finalize the sites once the state fields are set next month. It is possible a team could play a semifinal game in its home stadium.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments