These amendments will be discussed next month and voting on them will begin in late April.
The annual list of amendments (rule changes) up for discussion by the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association was released Wednesday.
You can see them here.
These will be discussed next month at the winter coalition and either be revised or possibly dropped. The WIAA’s representative assembly will vote on these amendments at the end of April and the beginning of May. You can see the complete timeline here.
Among the more interesting proposals:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seattle to host NBA preseason game this fall between Trail Blazers and Clippers
- UW corrals its quarterback in three-star 2023 South Dakota signal caller Lincoln Kienholz
- Kraken to offer lower entry-level ticket pricing after 'listening sessions' with fans
- K.J. Wright on NFL future: 'If it's not in Seattle, then I'll be all good'
- Light at end of tunnel: Mitch Haniger, Kyle Lewis could return to lineup soon
Letting schools opt up (or petition down) to a different classification for football than sports.
Allowing pitchers and catchers for baseball and/or softball report to practice two weeks earlier than the rest of the team.
Allowing basketball teams that go to tournaments discount the number of games it plays (for example, a three- or four-day tournament would count as two days; a two-day tourney would count as one).
A proposal to delete the 20-day summer coaching limit.