The conference is the third in the area to announce a change because of snowy conditions. Winners of Thursday's games advance to the SeaKing District tournament slated for Feb. 11-21 at Bellevue College.
Due to weather, KingCo 3A officials announced Tuesday a change to its girls and boys basketball tournament. The competition has been moved back one day to Thursday, the boys third-place matchup between Redmond and Lake Washington kicking off the event at 4 p.m. The girls championship between Bellevue and Mercer Island is the headliner at 8:30 p.m.
All games will still be played at Newport High school in Bellevue.
KingCo is the third area league to announce a change to its postseason play. The winners of Thursday’s KingCo games advance to the SeaKing District tournament slated for Feb. 11-21 at Bellevue College.
Thursday’s schedule is as follows:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams, expected to return, misses practice, while Chris Carson isn't yet ruled out vs. 49ers
- The Seahawks didn't think they'd need Carlos Dunlap. Here's how their pass-rush plan went awry.
- Analysis: Projecting the UW Huskies' offensive depth chart
- What to watch for when the Seahawks play the 49ers in Week 8 — plus Bob Condotta's prediction
- Here's how the Seahawks' trade for Carlos Dunlap can help Russell Wilson win the NFL MVP award
4 p.m.: Boys Basketball — No. 3 seed Redmond vs No. 4 seed Lake Washington (winner KingCo third-place, loser out)
5:30 p.m.: Girls Basketball — No. 4 seed Redmond vs No. 3 seed Juanita (winner KingCo third-place, loser out)
7 p.m.: Boys Basketball Championship — No. 2 seed Bellevue vs No. 1 seed Mercer Island (both advance to district tourney)
8:30 p.m.: Girls Basketball Championship — No. 2 seed Bellevue vs No. 1 seed Mercer Island (both advance to district tourney)