The conference is the third in the area to announce a change because of snowy conditions. Winners of Thursday's games advance to the SeaKing District tournament slated for Feb. 11-21 at Bellevue College.
Due to weather, KingCo 3A officials announced Tuesday a change to its girls and boys basketball tournament. The competition has been moved back one day to Thursday, the boys third-place matchup between Redmond and Lake Washington kicking off the event at 4 p.m. The girls championship between Bellevue and Mercer Island is the headliner at 8:30 p.m.
All games will still be played at Newport High school in Bellevue.
KingCo is the third area league to announce a change to its postseason play. The winners of Thursday’s KingCo games advance to the SeaKing District tournament slated for Feb. 11-21 at Bellevue College.
Thursday’s schedule is as follows:
Most Read Sports Stories
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Seahawks schedule analysis: Ranking and breaking down each game on Seattle's 2019 slate
- Why 2019 safety signee Asa Turner committed to a program, a position and a coach at Washington
- Analysis: A final accounting of Russell Wilson's deal shows why he called it 'a no-brainer'
4 p.m.: Boys Basketball — No. 3 seed Redmond vs No. 4 seed Lake Washington (winner KingCo third-place, loser out)
5:30 p.m.: Girls Basketball — No. 4 seed Redmond vs No. 3 seed Juanita (winner KingCo third-place, loser out)
7 p.m.: Boys Basketball Championship — No. 2 seed Bellevue vs No. 1 seed Mercer Island (both advance to district tourney)
8:30 p.m.: Girls Basketball Championship — No. 2 seed Bellevue vs No. 1 seed Mercer Island (both advance to district tourney)