Skyline advances to the KingCo Championship on Wednesday after Lauren Lo hit a grand slam to life the Spartans over Eastlake, and Caroline Bowman struck out 10.
Skyline 4, Eastlake 0
Caroline Bowman dominated the mound with 10 strikeouts for the Spartans, giving up one hit in the shut out. Lauren Lo made the difference, hitting a grand slam for all four of Skyline’s runs in the fourth inning. Lo was 1-for-4 with four RBI. Eastlake’s Julia Graf also struck out 10, and Emma Bickford was 1-for-3 at the plate with a double. Skyline advances to the KingCo Championship on Wednesday.
Edmonds Woodway 11, Arlington 9
Most Read Sports Stories
- Instant analysis: Impressions from the Seahawks' wild overtime win vs. the 49ers
- Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett taken to hospital due to swelling in leg after leaving game vs. 49ers
- Seahawks-49ers predictions: Seattle Times writers make their picks for Monday Night Football
- Sounders MLS Cup championship parade: Where and when you can see the Philip Anschutz trophy
- 'Unbelievable': Sounders fans packing Pioneer Square, CenturyLink Field elated with MLS Cup win VIEW
Mariah Woolery hit two homers for the Eagles to help lift Edmonds Woodway over Arlington in a loser-out WesCo district game. The Eagles will face Marysville Pilchuck in another loser-out game, the winner of which will advance to the 3A state tournament.
Juanita 3, Roosevelt 0
The Rebels are heading to state after a shut out over the Roughriders. Lisa Nelson threw a perfect game until the seventh inning, striking out 18 batters.
Lake Washington 6, Holy Names Academy 1
Hannah Walker was 1-for-4 at the plate with a home run and a pair of RBI for the Kangaroos, and Marissa Ewald hit two doubles. Hannah Steele hit two triples and a double, going 3-for-3 with two runs scored. Lake Washington advances to play West Seattle in the semi-finals of the SeaKing District Tournament.
For complete results, click here.
For full results from the first day of the state tournament, click here.
Girls Water Polo
Curtis 7, Bellevue 2
Multiple Goal Scorers: Bellevue: Morgan Baker (2). Curtis: Mac Higgins (3), Willow Lopez-Silvers (2)
West Central District 3 State Golf Qualifier (Boys and Girls)
Girls State Qualifiers at Gold Mountain, Cascade Course (par 71)
Boys State Qualifiers at Gold Mountain, Olympic Course (par 72)
3A State Semi-Finals: