Abigail Jones and Emily Kussick scored as the Roughriders upset the Tides.
Roosevelt 2, Gig Harbor o
Abigail Jones and Emily Kussic scored second-half goals as Roosevelt, which finished third in the Metro League, knocked off previously undefeated Gig Harbor in the first round of the Class 3A state tournament. The Tides (17-1-0) were a state championship favorite before running to the Roughriders (11-8-0).
Archbishop 1, Tumwater 1 (ATM wins shootout, 5-3)
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson ‘not going to change' mindset after Pete Carroll’s assessment of OT possession
- Mariners claw back from early deficit to sweep A's and gain ground in the wild-card hunt
- WNBA playoff predictions: With Breanna Stewart potentially out, will Storm be able to survive?
- Behind strong performances from Kyle Seager and Chris Flexen, Mariners post another must-win over A's
- Jarred Kelenic's rocky road to September success will help him, and the Mariners, in the long run
The Wildcats upset the top-ranked Thunderbirds in the opening round of the Class 2A state tournament. Bella Foos scored for the T-Birds (17-3). Madison Long scored for ATM (17-4-1).
Seattle Academy 5, Kiona Benton 0
Mireya Grey (two goals, one assist) scored a goal right before and right after halftime to give the Cardinals the momentum they needed to win the match. Marla Mitchell also had a pair of goals while goalkeeper Emerson Richmond-Burke notched the shutout in the net.
Jackson 2, Union 1
The Timberwolves won their 12th straight game on Tuesday, getting goals from Rikki Myers and Katie Cheng along the way. They will play the winner of the Skyline/Puyallup match, which is scheduled to be played tomorrow at Skyline High School.
For full results, click here.