Abigail Jones and Emily Kussick scored as the Roughriders upset the Tides.
Roosevelt 2, Gig Harbor o
Abigail Jones and Emily Kussic scored second-half goals as Roosevelt, which finished third in the Metro League, knocked off previously undefeated Gig Harbor in the first round of the Class 3A state tournament. The Tides (17-1-0) were a state championship favorite before running to the Roughriders (11-8-0).
Archbishop 1, Tumwater 1 (ATM wins shootout, 5-3)
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll: Ziggy Ansah could play 'considerably' vs. Saints; officials didn't see hit on Russell Wilson WATCH
- KeyArena interior completely gutted as officials prepare for final excavation work ahead of rebuild VIEW
- Not everything is rosy, but the Seahawks are 2-0 and 'just getting warmed up' | Larry Stone
- Sounders supporters group walks out to protest ejection of leader for displaying Iron Front flag
- Report card: Bob Condotta grades the Seahawks' Week 2 win vs. the Steelers | Analysis
The Wildcats upset the top-ranked Thunderbirds in the opening round of the Class 2A state tournament. Bella Foos scored for the T-Birds (17-3). Madison Long scored for ATM (17-4-1).
Seattle Academy 5, Kiona Benton 0
Mireya Grey (two goals, one assist) scored a goal right before and right after halftime to give the Cardinals the momentum they needed to win the match. Marla Mitchell also had a pair of goals while goalkeeper Emerson Richmond-Burke notched the shutout in the net.
Jackson 2, Union 1
The Timberwolves won their 12th straight game on Tuesday, getting goals from Rikki Myers and Katie Cheng along the way. They will play the winner of the Skyline/Puyallup match, which is scheduled to be played tomorrow at Skyline High School.
For full results, click here.