Bears won the 60-team Pasco Invitational on Saturday.
1. Tahoma girls track & field — Won the 60-team Pasco Invitational on Saturday, boosted by a state-best time in the 4×100 relay (47.13 seconds). Olivia Ribera took first in the 200 meters, finishing in 24.75 seconds.
2. Christian Jones, Federal Way baseball — Had a monster week, hitting 5 for 8 with a double and a home run in two wins over Jefferson. On Thursday, the UW commit hit a walkoff two-run homer to help the Eagles edge Jefferson, 10-8, in nine innings.
3. Ryley Johnson, Lynnwood soccer — Scored four goals on April 12 as the Royals beat Everett, 6-1.
4. Emmanuel Wells, Rainier Beach track & field — The senior speedster took two events at the Pasco Invitational, the 100 and 200. Wells finished the 100 in 10.66 seconds and the 200 in 21.66.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from No. 25 UW Huskies' loss to No. 12 Oregon
- After loss to Oregon, the 2019 season will be a disappointment for Huskies no matter what
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Notebook: What happened on UW Huskies' penalized trick-play kick return?
- After UW offense dominates for three quarters, the Huskies 'hit a wall' in crushing loss to Oregon
5. Wurrie Njadoe, Shorecrest girls track & field — Won the long jump and 100-meter race at the Pasco Invitational last Saturday, jumping 18 feet, 4 inches and running 11.93 seconds in the 100.
6. Sophie Cantine, Lakeside girls track & field — The long-distance runner took first in the 800 meters (2:13.77) and 1-mile race (5:01.75) at the Pasco Invitational.
7. Shayna Swanson, Skyline softball — Hit the walk-off home run in the bottom of the seventh inning for the Spartans in a 2-1 win over Inglemoor on April 11. Skyline had been held scoreless until the sixth inning, when Lauren Lo blasted a homer to tie the game.
8. Austin Taylor, Mercer Island soccer — Scored a hat trick for the Islanders in a 4-0 win over Bellevue on April 11, the win improving Mercer Island’s record to 7-0.
9. Jamie Maples, West Seattle baseball — Struck out 13 in a dominant performance against Ingraham on April 11, giving up three hits and one run in a 3-1 win.
10. Julia Brocksmith, Mountlake Terrace softball — Was 3 for 4 with two home runs and two RBI in a 10-0 win over Oak Harbor on Friday.