The Hole in the Wall Invitational this weekend could help some teams climb up in the state polls.
Four Seattle-area schools sit atop the latest state coaches cross country polls, released this week.
The Tahoma boys are No. 1 in the Class 4A. Edmonds-Woodway (3A), Liberty (2A) and Northwest (1A) girls are all ranked No. 1.
While we’re on the topic of cross country, we’re in the middle of two of the biggest regular-season weekends in the sport. Last weekend was the Sunfair Invitational in Yakima. Saturday is the Hole in the Wall meet in Lakewood, which has 98 teams registered.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Commentary: Simone Biles was abandoned by U.S. Olympic officials, and the torment hasn't stopped
- UW football notes: Giles Jackson's Maserati speed, ZTF's recovery and Kam Chancellor comparisons
- Mariners get reliever Diego Castillo from Rays in exchange for J.T. Chargois and Austin Shenton
- Mariners pitcher Hector Santiago receives 80-game suspension after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs
- Analysis: Answering key questions as the Kraken's roster starts to take shape during NHL free agency