The four-star recruit announced his pick on a video posted to Twitter.
Sumner running back Connor Wedington announced Monday morning he’ll play football at Stanford.
Wedington announced his pick in a video posted on Twitter. After snowboarding down the slope, the bottom of his snowboard reads “Stanford Cardinal.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Commentary: This ended the only way it could for WSU and unvaccinated football coach Nick Rolovich
- WSU football coach Nick Rolovich fired for refusing COVID vaccine; defensive coordinator is acting head coach
- With Nick Rolovich gone, remaining WSU football coaches, along with players and fans, try to move forward
- WSU football coaching candidates: Names to watch as Cougars begin search to replace Nick Rolovich
- National media react to Seahawks’ Week 6 loss, Jamal Adams’ claim and Russell Wilson’s drills
Wedington originally committed to Washington as a junior. He decommitted from the Huskies last month to explore other options.
Wedington is one of the top recruits in the state, listed as a four-star player on the recruiting sites.
As a senior, Wedington had 2,048 all-purpose yards and and 22 total touchdowns. He missed most of Sumner’s run to the Class 4A state playoffs after separating his right shoulder in October.
He can sign his letter of intent and make it official on Wednesday, which is national letter of intent signing day.