The four-star recruit announced his pick on a video posted to Twitter.
Sumner running back Connor Wedington announced Monday morning he’ll play football at Stanford.
Wedington announced his pick in a video posted on Twitter. After snowboarding down the slope, the bottom of his snowboard reads “Stanford Cardinal.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's what's next for Mariners as they return from winter meetings without Mitch Haniger
- With Kenneth Walker III battling injury, who will start at running back for Seahawks in Week 14?
- Mariners have interest in Japanese standouts Koudai Senga, Masataka Yoshida
- Analysis: Diving inside Washington's transfer portal wish list
- How 2023 rule changes could save Major League Baseball from itself
Wedington originally committed to Washington as a junior. He decommitted from the Huskies last month to explore other options.
Wedington is one of the top recruits in the state, listed as a four-star player on the recruiting sites.
As a senior, Wedington had 2,048 all-purpose yards and and 22 total touchdowns. He missed most of Sumner’s run to the Class 4A state playoffs after separating his right shoulder in October.
He can sign his letter of intent and make it official on Wednesday, which is national letter of intent signing day.