Five former coaches will be inducted into Everett High School's Hall of Fame on Jan. 18 between girls and boys basketball games at the school...
Five former coaches will be inducted into Everett High School’s Hall of Fame on Jan. 18 between girls and boys basketball games at the school.
• Earl “Click” Clark, football coach from 1921 to 1923. His 1921 and 1923 teams were undefeated.
• Irma Pelz, a coach from 1922 to 1929 who helped girls athletes flourish and allowed them to earn letters.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Signs still point to Huskies in Rose Bowl
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- Marysville-Pilchuck's RaeQuan Battle signs with Washington, becomes first from Tulalip Tribes with DI hoops scholarship
• Merrilie Howard, who coached volleyball for 23 years, girls track for nine and softball for 12. In 1973, her track team won a state championship and her volleyball squad placed second.
• Harlan Jackson, who coached cross country, track and wrestling in 28 years at Everett. His girls cross-country team won the 1981 state title.
• Dennis Scafe, boys and girls coach who is credited with helping soccer become a sanctioned sport in WesCo.
• Inglemoor has posted openings for baseball and boys soccer coaches for this spring. For information, contact Athletic Director Frank Naish at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 408-7215.
Freelancer Zach Landres-Schnur contributed to this report.