Five former coaches will be inducted into Everett High School's Hall of Fame on Jan. 18 between girls and boys basketball games at the school...
Five former coaches will be inducted into Everett High School’s Hall of Fame on Jan. 18 between girls and boys basketball games at the school.
• Earl “Click” Clark, football coach from 1921 to 1923. His 1921 and 1923 teams were undefeated.
• Irma Pelz, a coach from 1922 to 1929 who helped girls athletes flourish and allowed them to earn letters.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
- Seattle had its greatest NBA moment since Sonics left when Damian Lillard waved 'goodbye' to OKC | Matt Calkins
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 13th practice of spring football
- Felix Hernandez gives vintage performance vs. Padres — and Mariners give him vintage run support VIEW
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
• Merrilie Howard, who coached volleyball for 23 years, girls track for nine and softball for 12. In 1973, her track team won a state championship and her volleyball squad placed second.
• Harlan Jackson, who coached cross country, track and wrestling in 28 years at Everett. His girls cross-country team won the 1981 state title.
• Dennis Scafe, boys and girls coach who is credited with helping soccer become a sanctioned sport in WesCo.
• Inglemoor has posted openings for baseball and boys soccer coaches for this spring. For information, contact Athletic Director Frank Naish at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 408-7215.
Freelancer Zach Landres-Schnur contributed to this report.