A threat made Thursday caused Archbishop Murphy to cancel school and after-school activities.
A “potential threat” caused Archbishop Murphy to cancel school and all after-school activities Friday.
That means the Wildcats’ game at Rainier Beach on Friday night has been cancelled. The game won’t be rescheduled, Seattle Public Schools said.
A note on the Archbishop Murphy High School website said: “On Thursday, September 13th, AMHS was made aware of a potential threat. We immediately notified authorities and it is their recommendation that we cancel school and all school-related activities on Friday, September 14. Campus will be closed from Friday, September 14th through Sunday, September 16th.”
Rainier Beach (2-0) is the No. 4 Class 3A school in the state. Archbishop Murphy (1-1) is the No. 7 Class 2A team.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Rod Jones, standout tight end on Huskies' 1984 Orange Bowl team, dies from suicide at age 54
- Doug Baldwin a game-time decision against Vikings, plus a surprise addition to Seahawks' injury report WATCH
- Days after groundbreaking, KeyArena could be getting a new contractor as renovation costs soar
- Legendary Mariners manager Lou Piniella falls one vote short of Baseball Hall of Fame
- Analysis: As Seahawks surge, where's the MVP buzz for Russell Wilson?