A threat made Thursday caused Archbishop Murphy to cancel school and after-school activities.
A “potential threat” caused Archbishop Murphy to cancel school and all after-school activities Friday.
That means the Wildcats’ game at Rainier Beach on Friday night has been cancelled. The game won’t be rescheduled, Seattle Public Schools said.
A note on the Archbishop Murphy High School website said: “On Thursday, September 13th, AMHS was made aware of a potential threat. We immediately notified authorities and it is their recommendation that we cancel school and all school-related activities on Friday, September 14. Campus will be closed from Friday, September 14th through Sunday, September 16th.”
Rainier Beach (2-0) is the No. 4 Class 3A school in the state. Archbishop Murphy (1-1) is the No. 7 Class 2A team.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: How does UW's QB situation measure up with the rest of the Pac-12?
- After a season of change a year ago, Seahawks appear pretty set at tight end heading into 2019
- Sue Bird has an eye for basketball talent. Here's how she's using it in her NBA role with the Nuggets.
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion grievances with NFL
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events