A threat made Thursday caused Archbishop Murphy to cancel school and after-school activities.
A “potential threat” caused Archbishop Murphy to cancel school and all after-school activities Friday.
That means the Wildcats’ game at Rainier Beach on Friday night has been cancelled. The game won’t be rescheduled, Seattle Public Schools said.
A note on the Archbishop Murphy High School website said: “On Thursday, September 13th, AMHS was made aware of a potential threat. We immediately notified authorities and it is their recommendation that we cancel school and all school-related activities on Friday, September 14. Campus will be closed from Friday, September 14th through Sunday, September 16th.”
Rainier Beach (2-0) is the No. 4 Class 3A school in the state. Archbishop Murphy (1-1) is the No. 7 Class 2A team.
Most Read Sports Stories
- With Paul Allen's death, it's unclear what happens next with Seahawks ownership
- Paul Allen was a knight in shining armor for the Seahawks and Seattle | Larry Stone
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' overtime loss at Oregon
- What the (inter)national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-3 trouncing of the Oakland Raiders
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went right against the Raiders and what it means