The Fighting Irish knocked off No. 1 Eastside Catholic last week to take the top spot away from the Crusaders.
For the first time this season, there’s a new Class 3A No. 1 in the Seattle Times state football rankings.
The O’Dea Fighting Irish knocked off Eastside Catholic last week 20-17. O’Dea was No. 2 and knocked the Crusaders out of the top spot, which they had held since Week 1.
The other classifications have seen some change at the top spot this season, but this is a first time for the 3A. Gonzaga Prep started the season No. 1 in 4A. Richland was No. 1 before giving way to Camas.
Prosser began the season No. 1 in 2A before Archbishop Murphy took over.
Seattle Times Class 4A Power Rankings
Seattle Times Class 3A Power Rankings
Seattle Times Class 2A Power Rankings
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- UW football mailbag: What positions should the Huskies try to strengthen via the transfer portal?
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- Former WSU star receiver Gabe Marks wants to help football players with their mental health