The Northshore School District is forming a committee to explore renaming Pop Keeney Stadium in Bothell.
“A request has been made to change the name of Pop Keeney Stadium. Per School Board Policy 9250P, the superintendent shall select a committee whose purpose it will be to submit to the Board of Directors a recommendation,” the district said on its website.
The request was made to rename the stadium “Pop Keeney Memorial Park” to honor veterans from the Bothell area.
Pop Keeney was dedicated to Harold “Pop” Keeney, who was Bothell’s first football coach, in 1953. Bothell, Inglemoor and Woodinville high schools call it home as will North Creek High, when it opens in the fall.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Seattle leaders look to push 'refresh' button with Amazon
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Self-driving car accidents: Robot drivers are ‘odd, and that’s why they get hit’
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska