Mount Si senior Trevor Lane was named the Gatorade Washington Baseball Player of the Year Wednesday.
Lane, who was a key contributor on the Wildcats’ 2011 state-title team, had an even stronger senior season as a pitcher, first baseman and outfielder.
The Wildcats, who made it to the Class 3A quarterfinals, finished the year with a 20-4 record. Lane hit .444 with nine doubles, 21 RBI and 25 runs scored in 24 games. On the mound, he was 7-1 in eight starts. He struck out 72 over 48 2/3 innings, finishing the year with a 2.01 ERA.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
- Analysis: Ranking the Pac-12's Heisman Trophy contenders for 2019
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- UW's Jake Browning set to play in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl at the Rose Bowl on Saturday