Mount Si senior Trevor Lane was named the Gatorade Washington Baseball Player of the Year Wednesday.
Lane, who was a key contributor on the Wildcats’ 2011 state-title team, had an even stronger senior season as a pitcher, first baseman and outfielder.
The Wildcats, who made it to the Class 3A quarterfinals, finished the year with a 20-4 record. Lane hit .444 with nine doubles, 21 RBI and 25 runs scored in 24 games. On the mound, he was 7-1 in eight starts. He struck out 72 over 48 2/3 innings, finishing the year with a 2.01 ERA.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After being fired, Lorena Martin levels accusations of racism at Mariners, who call them 'false'
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- UW Huskies make scholarship offer to Kennedy Catholic's Sam Huard, top QB recruit in 2021 class VIEW
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone