Mount Si senior Trevor Lane was named the Gatorade Washington Baseball Player of the Year Wednesday.
Lane, who was a key contributor on the Wildcats’ 2011 state-title team, had an even stronger senior season as a pitcher, first baseman and outfielder.
The Wildcats, who made it to the Class 3A quarterfinals, finished the year with a 20-4 record. Lane hit .444 with nine doubles, 21 RBI and 25 runs scored in 24 games. On the mound, he was 7-1 in eight starts. He struck out 72 over 48 2/3 innings, finishing the year with a 2.01 ERA.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks trade Frank Clark to Kansas City Chiefs for package including 2019 first-round draft pick
- In Seahawks' 'very challenging' situation, here's why it made sense to trade Frank Clark | Matt Calkins
- How a baseball bat helped former Husky Jake Browning improve his NFL draft stock
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson gifts his offensive linemen $12,000 each in Amazon stock
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone