The three-star quarterback originally committed to Northwestern last year.
Mount Si quarterback Cale Millen announced on Twitter Sunday that he’ll play football for Oregon.
Millen is the son of former Washington quarterback Hugh Millen, who lead the Huskies to a comeback win at the Orange Bowl over No. 2 Oklahoma at the end of the 1984 season.
“I have experienced a significant connection with the coaching staff at the University of Oregon,” Millen said via Twitter. “With that being said, I’m honored to say I will be committing to the University of Oregon! Go Ducks!”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Could Jeff Bezos buy the Seahawks? There is reportedly mutual interest with the NFL
- Megan Rapinoe won a Woman of the Year award. She thanked Colin Kaepernick.
- Injured Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett flies back to Seattle in Jody Allen's private jet Wednesday
- Here's what the national media are saying about the Seahawks' wild Monday Night Football win over San Francisco
- Steilacoom's Emeka Egbuka, nation's No. 1 junior athlete, getting five-star treatment
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Millen is rated as a three-star prospect by the recruiting site 247sports.com. The site ranks him as the No. 27 pro-style quarterback in the nation for the Class of 2019. He’s rated as the No. 6 recruit in the state.
He threw for 2,447 yards, 32 touchdowns and just four interceptions last season, earning All-Kingco 4A honors.