The three-star quarterback originally committed to Northwestern last year.
Mount Si quarterback Cale Millen announced on Twitter Sunday that he’ll play football for Oregon.
Millen is the son of former Washington quarterback Hugh Millen, who lead the Huskies to a comeback win at the Orange Bowl over No. 2 Oklahoma at the end of the 1984 season.
“I have experienced a significant connection with the coaching staff at the University of Oregon,” Millen said via Twitter. “With that being said, I’m honored to say I will be committing to the University of Oregon! Go Ducks!”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Earl Thomas doesn't practice Friday amid mysterious circumstances and team won't say if he will play Sunday WATCH
- An inside look at Chris Petersen and Washington's somewhat cantankerous relationship with ESPN
- One is a bodybuilding mother battling fibromyalgia. Her daughter is a teenage powerlifting protege. Together, they're breaking barriers. WATCH
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Millen is rated as a three-star prospect by the recruiting site 247sports.com. The site ranks him as the No. 27 pro-style quarterback in the nation for the Class of 2019. He’s rated as the No. 6 recruit in the state.
He threw for 2,447 yards, 32 touchdowns and just four interceptions last season, earning All-Kingco 4A honors.