The ShoWare Center in Kent has a full day of basketball action.
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday is one of the best days of the year for watching high-school basketball.
This Monday is no different.
Let’s start at the ShoWare Center and the King Showcase. The schedule:
9 a.m.: Vashon Island vs. Tahoma boys
Most Read Sports Stories
- Huskies stage furious rally in second half to spurn Cougars' upset bid VIEW
- Analysis: How does UW's QB situation measure up with the rest of the Pac-12?
- After seeing vast improvement in 2018, Seahawks may look to keep offensive line together in 2019 | 2019 position analysis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
10:30 a.m.: Kentwood vs. Davis boys
Noon.: Bellarmine Prep vs. Moses Lake girls
2 p.m.: West Seattle vs. Prairie girls
3:30 p.m.: Kentlake vs. Kittitas boys
5 p.m.: Kentridge vs. Woodinville girls
7 p.m.: Enumclaw vs. Mount Si boys
8:30 p.m.: Lincoln vs. Eastlake boys
The main event of his schedule is Class 4A No. 1 Kentridge vs. No. 5 Woodinville in a game dubbed the Eric Anderson Classic to honor the longtime Kentridge athletic director who died in July. … Another big girls games pits Class 3A No. 3 Prairie vs. No. 5 West Seattle. … Westside Gonzaga fans can check out Zags commit Brock Ravet as his Kittitas Coyotes take on Kentlake.
If you feel like a road trip, you might consider the Martin Luther King Jr. Showcase at Portland State University.
Its schedule mostly contains Oregon schools, but there’s a great game for Washington basketball fans.
And if you’re not sleeping in Monday, you could catch Class 4A No. 1 Federal Way in action. The Eagles are playing Ranney School of New Jersey at 8 a.m. on ESPNU. The game is part of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Game in Springfield, Mass. This games pits the No. 9 team in Ranney in the nation against with No. 15, according to USA Today.