The son of former NFL and Washington quarterback Damon Huard threw for 3,432 yards and 34 touchdowns in 2017.
Kennedy Catholic quarterback Sam Huard had a great start to his high-school football career.
He threw for 359 yards in his first game as a freshman and kept throwing for 3,432 yards and 34 touchdowns.
Friday, Maxpreps.com named the son of former NFL and Washington quarterback Damon Huard as the National Freshman of the Year.
The Maxpreps story had an interesting note: Huard threw for more yards as a freshman than his dad or uncles (Brock and Luke) threw their senior years.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After being fired, Lorena Martin levels accusations of racism at Mariners, who call them 'false'
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- UW Huskies make scholarship offer to Kennedy Catholic's Sam Huard, top QB recruit in 2021 class VIEW
- Report: In wake of Paul Allen's death, Seahawks will eventually be sold, possibly for record amount
- Major League Baseball will investigate claims of racism against the Mariners
“I cannot tell you how scary he’s going to be,” his coach, Sheldon Cross told The Seattle Times in October. “I think he has the capability to be one of the best quarterbacks to ever come out of Washington. I think he’s special and he’s only getting better. There’s certainly a long way to go, but I think he’s enjoying that process.”
Eastside Catholic linebacker Jaylahn Tuimolau was also named to the freshman All-America team as was Garfield defensive lineman Antwan Brown.