Ahmed, one of the top recruits in the nation, isn't expected to announce his final decision until September.
Already flooded with scholarship offers, Juanita star Salvon Ahmed received the most significant one Friday. The 2017 prospect shared via his Twitter account UCLA extended an offer to play for the Bruins.
“UCLA was Salvon’s goal since he was really young,” said first-year Rebels coach Lele Te’o.
Ahmed, a 5-foot-11 and 180-pound running back/defensive back, now has scholarship offers from 11 of the 12 Pac-12 schools, including Washington, according to Te’o. Ahmed isn’t expected to make a final decision until September, after he makes his official school visits.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson gifts his offensive linemen $12,000 each in Amazon stock
- Seahawks mock draft roundup: Experts project Seattle's picks
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 12th practice of spring football
- Seahawks GM John Schneider: 'Very challenging' to keep Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed WATCH
- Infamous 'Good Friday Massacre' brawl of years past a reminder of how NHL playoffs have evolved | Inside the NHL
Te’o expects Ahmed to narrow his list to announce a top-5 by July.
If Ahmed selects his childhood dream school, he’d play for coach Jim Mora, who signed a two-year contract extension on Tuesday. The Bruins were 8-5 last season and led the Pac-12 with eight players selected in the NFL draft.
Ahmed helped Juanita finish 9-3 last season. The Rebels advanced to the Class 3A state quarterfinals for the first time since 1989, losing 73-28 to Bishop Blanchet.