The four-star recruit picked the Red Storm over Washington and California.
Garfield forward J’Raan Brooks gave St. John’s basketball fans an early Christmas present on Sunday evening, announcing he’s committing to the Red Storm.
“I have thought long and hard about the place that’s gonna be best for me and my career, and I’ve found that,” Brooks wrote in a tweet that announced his commitment. “I’m happy to announce that I will be coming to The Big Apple and attending St. John’s University, playing for Hall of Famer Chris Mullin.”
247Sports.com said Brooks was “warm” on offers from Washington and California, and “cool” on offers from USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Virginia and Washington State.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What are the Mariners thinking? Keeping Ichiro is purely illogical | Matt Calkins
- Ichiro remains on the roster as Mariners option Guillermo Heredia to Class AAA Tacoma
- Huskies now turn their attention to Auburn. Here's what we know about the potential top-10 showdown
- Seahawks pre-draft review: More reinforcements coming for rapidly changing Legion of Boom?
- We all love him, but it's time for the Mariners to release Ichiro | Larry Stone
We Are New York's team …. ☄️ pic.twitter.com/P4qOsaJjxw
— JBro™ (@JraanBrooks) December 25, 2017