The four-star recruit picked the Red Storm over Washington and California.
Garfield forward J’Raan Brooks gave St. John’s basketball fans an early Christmas present on Sunday evening, announcing he’s committing to the Red Storm.
“I have thought long and hard about the place that’s gonna be best for me and my career, and I’ve found that,” Brooks wrote in a tweet that announced his commitment. “I’m happy to announce that I will be coming to The Big Apple and attending St. John’s University, playing for Hall of Famer Chris Mullin.”
247Sports.com said Brooks was “warm” on offers from Washington and California, and “cool” on offers from USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Virginia and Washington State.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- UW Huskies 2019 outlook: What will offense look like with Jacob Eason, Salvon Ahmed in backfield?
- The moment has arrived: Edgar Martinez awaits Hall of Fame call — and it’s looking good
- Watch: Mariners great Edgar Martinez gets the call from the Baseball Hall of Fame WATCH
We Are New York's team …. ☄️ pic.twitter.com/P4qOsaJjxw
— JBro™ (@JraanBrooks) December 25, 2017