The four-star recruit picked the Red Storm over Washington and California.
Garfield forward J’Raan Brooks gave St. John’s basketball fans an early Christmas present on Sunday evening, announcing he’s committing to the Red Storm.
“I have thought long and hard about the place that’s gonna be best for me and my career, and I’ve found that,” Brooks wrote in a tweet that announced his commitment. “I’m happy to announce that I will be coming to The Big Apple and attending St. John’s University, playing for Hall of Famer Chris Mullin.”
247Sports.com said Brooks was “warm” on offers from Washington and California, and “cool” on offers from USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Virginia and Washington State.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Can these top draft picks fill the shoes of the big names they're replacing?
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Where does Shaquem Griffin and his competition make our list?
- UW Huskies fall preview: Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp and one of the nation's top secondaries
- Ryon Healy still grinding, but he's running out of time to keep his spot with Mariners | Calkins
- Mariners get back on the winning track after All-Star break
We Are New York's team …. ☄️ pic.twitter.com/P4qOsaJjxw
— JBro™ (@JraanBrooks) December 25, 2017