The four-star recruit picked the Red Storm over Washington and California.
Garfield forward J’Raan Brooks gave St. John’s basketball fans an early Christmas present on Sunday evening, announcing he’s committing to the Red Storm.
“I have thought long and hard about the place that’s gonna be best for me and my career, and I’ve found that,” Brooks wrote in a tweet that announced his commitment. “I’m happy to announce that I will be coming to The Big Apple and attending St. John’s University, playing for Hall of Famer Chris Mullin.”
247Sports.com said Brooks was “warm” on offers from Washington and California, and “cool” on offers from USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Virginia and Washington State.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Where will Washington land? Here are all of the Huskies' conference realignment options.
- Seahawks and Trail Blazers are not for sale, says team chair Jody Allen
- The Pac-12 will never be the same again, and that's sad
- Mariners sweep Padres, get within a game of .500
- Baker Mayfield is going to the Panthers. What does that mean for the Seahawks?