The four-star recruit picked the Red Storm over Washington and California.
Garfield forward J’Raan Brooks gave St. John’s basketball fans an early Christmas present on Sunday evening, announcing he’s committing to the Red Storm.
“I have thought long and hard about the place that’s gonna be best for me and my career, and I’ve found that,” Brooks wrote in a tweet that announced his commitment. “I’m happy to announce that I will be coming to The Big Apple and attending St. John’s University, playing for Hall of Famer Chris Mullin.”
247Sports.com said Brooks was “warm” on offers from Washington and California, and “cool” on offers from USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M, Virginia and Washington State.
Most Read Sports Stories
- With Paul Allen's death, it's unclear what happens next with Seahawks ownership
- Paul Allen was a knight in shining armor for the Seahawks and Seattle | Larry Stone
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' overtime loss at Oregon
- What the (inter)national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-3 trouncing of the Oakland Raiders
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went right against the Raiders and what it means
We Are New York's team …. ☄️ pic.twitter.com/P4qOsaJjxw
— JBro™ (@JraanBrooks) December 25, 2017