WSGBCA's three-game event is set for Saturday at King's High with a matchup between seniors from Class 1B and Class 2B schools as the opener.
The Seattle Times’ pick for its girls co-players of the year — Central Valley twins Lexie and Lacie Hull — have another game on the docket. The Class 4A champs will team with other top seniors for the Washington State Girls Basketball Coaches Association (WSGBCA) all-state games on Saturday at King’s High.
The event pits the WIAA’s six school classifications against each other. Class 1B and Class 2B will tip at 2 p.m. as the opener. The 4 p.m. game is Class 1A versus Class 2A and the nightcap is Class 3A against Class 4A at 6 p.m.
The Hulls are Stanford-bound and suiting up with Bellarmine Prep forward Shalyse Smith, who’s headed to Arizona. Smith was key in denying Central Valley the 2017 state championship, which fueled the Bears’ undefeated run this year, according to the twins.
Smith is questionable to play, however. She suffered an ankle injury, missing this season’s state tournament. Via her Twitter account, Smith stated her ankle is “still swollen” but she’s doing a lot of physical training this week “so hopefully I’ll be ready to go. Still can’t move quick, but getting better!”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Four-time WNBA champion Sue Bird re-signs with Seattle Storm
- Here's another thing Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll have in common with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick
- Analysis: Cardinals' signing of J.J. Watt only increases the challenge for Seahawks to protect Russell Wilson
- Mailbag: More thoughts on Russell Wilson, and could Seahawks wear throwback uniforms in 2021?
- Analysis: Will J.T. Tuimoloau continue to hold out on college decision? Plus, a riveting week ahead for Pac-12 men's basketball
Also on the Class 4A team is Lake Stevens senior Kylee Griffen. The Gonzaga commit was named to the Star Times team and is the WesCo 4A MVP.
Admission is $10 for adults and $6 for students and senior citizens. The games will also be live streamed at turkpride.tv.
Here are the complete rosters: