Mikayla Pivec scored 28 points in a big win for Lynnwood over Shorweood, while Jaydn Bush earned a double double for Bishop Blanchet. Arlington routed Oak Harbor in a WesCo conference win and Lindsey Cleary's solid night led Holy Names Academy past Nathan Hale.
Lynnwood 62, Shorewood 39
The Lynnwood Royals knocked off the Shorewood Thunderbirds in a WesCo 3A/2A match-up. Mikayla Pivec had a big night for the Royals, scoring a game-high 28 points. Kaprice Boston also added 12 points for Lynnwood. Shorewood’s Lily Gustafson was the only player to score in double figures for the Thunderbirds, finishing with 12 points.
Bishop Blanchet 64, Rainier Beach 38
The Bishop Blanchet Braves took control in the second half, outscoring the Rainier Beach Vikings 36-19. Jaydn Bush had a solid night, earning a double-double and finishing with 21 points, 14 rebounds, and four blocks. Taylor Chambers also scored 14 points for the Braves and Saniah Simpson –Patu finished with 14 points for Rainier Beach.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's where national media rank the Seahawks after Week 2 win
- Seahawks' critical defensive injuries might be too much for even Russell Wilson to overcome
- Seahawks' Pete Carroll among three coaches fined $100,000 for not wearing face coverings properly
- Three things to know about the Seahawks' Week 3 opponent, the Dallas Cowboys
- Five things to know about Russell Wilson's absurdly hot start to the 2020 season
Arlington 53, Oak Harbor 19
The Arlington Eagles outscored the Oak Harbor Wildcats 31-7 in the first half as Jayla Russ led all scorers with 19 points for the Eagles. Russ also earned a double-double by collecting 14 rebounds and Sevi Bielser had 10 points for the Eagles. Oak Harbor’s Bryn Langrock scored a team-high 10 points for the Wildcats.
Holy Names Academy 70, Nathan Hale 28
Lindsey Cleary scored 18 points, grabbed nine rebounds, dished out four assists, and had four steals as the Cougars routed the Raiders, in a Metro conference game.