Gonzaga Prep's Anton Watson named "Mr. Basketball" for entire state.
The Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association announced its players of the year Thursday.
Gonzaga Prep’s Anton Watson, who guided the Bullpups to a second consecutive Class 4A state title last week, was named the “Mr. Basketball” for Washington.
Kelso’s Shaw Anderson, who set a Class 3A state tournament record for scoring last week in leading the Hilanders to a fifth-place finish, was named the Class 3A state player of the year.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Hall of Famer Ron Francis to be hired as general manager of Seattle's new NHL team
- 'It’s unacceptable': In Mariners' 9-2 loss to Oakland, Marco Gonzales questions why umpire stayed in game VIEW
- Seahawks place four rookies — including Marquise Blair and Ben Burr-Kirven — on PUP list
- Storm All-Star Natasha Howard denies domestic-abuse allegations made by wife
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 75-61: Some veteran players start to make the list | Analysis
Lynden’s Clayton Whitman, who guided the Lions to the Class 2A state title last week, was named the Class 2A player of the year.
Lynden Christian’s Cole Bajema, a Michigan signee, was named the Class 1A player of the year.
Maquire Isaak of Almira/Coulee-Hartline, who led the Warriors to a fifth-place finish at state, was named the Class 1B player of the year.
WIBCA named the coaches who won state titles — Gonzaga Prep’s Matty McIntyre (4A), O’Dea’s Jason Kerr (3A), Lynden’s Brian Roeper (2A), Zillah’s Mario Mengarelli (1A), Kittas’ Tim Ravet (2B) and Sunnyside Christian’s Dean Wagenaar (1B) — the Wayne Gilman Coaches Award.