Gonzaga Prep's Anton Watson named "Mr. Basketball" for entire state.
The Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association announced its players of the year Thursday.
Gonzaga Prep’s Anton Watson, who guided the Bullpups to a second consecutive Class 4A state title last week, was named the “Mr. Basketball” for Washington.
Kelso’s Shaw Anderson, who set a Class 3A state tournament record for scoring last week in leading the Hilanders to a fifth-place finish, was named the Class 3A state player of the year.
Most Read Sports Stories
- He's 'completely different.' But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies ride their pitching to super regional sweep, return to Women's College World Series
- Huskies pitchers shut out Kentucky in first game of NCAA softball super regional VIEW
- What the contracts of Al Woods and Geno Smith say about their potential roles for the Seahawks in 2019
Lynden’s Clayton Whitman, who guided the Lions to the Class 2A state title last week, was named the Class 2A player of the year.
Lynden Christian’s Cole Bajema, a Michigan signee, was named the Class 1A player of the year.
Maquire Isaak of Almira/Coulee-Hartline, who led the Warriors to a fifth-place finish at state, was named the Class 1B player of the year.
WIBCA named the coaches who won state titles — Gonzaga Prep’s Matty McIntyre (4A), O’Dea’s Jason Kerr (3A), Lynden’s Brian Roeper (2A), Zillah’s Mario Mengarelli (1A), Kittas’ Tim Ravet (2B) and Sunnyside Christian’s Dean Wagenaar (1B) — the Wayne Gilman Coaches Award.