Gonzaga Prep's Anton Watson named "Mr. Basketball" for entire state.
The Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association announced its players of the year Thursday.
Gonzaga Prep’s Anton Watson, who guided the Bullpups to a second consecutive Class 4A state title last week, was named the “Mr. Basketball” for Washington.
Kelso’s Shaw Anderson, who set a Class 3A state tournament record for scoring last week in leading the Hilanders to a fifth-place finish, was named the Class 3A state player of the year.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- UW Huskies mailbag: Predicting their final record and which receivers are primed for a breakout
- With QB job apparently his, Jacob Eason gets chance to take UW Huskies to new level | Larry Stone
- Rashaad Penny has an answer to those who say he's a draft bust: 'It's not over yet. I'm young. I'm fresh.' | Matt Calkins
- L.J. Collier showing progress, but Seahawks draft class hitting bumps as regular season approaches WATCH
Lynden’s Clayton Whitman, who guided the Lions to the Class 2A state title last week, was named the Class 2A player of the year.
Lynden Christian’s Cole Bajema, a Michigan signee, was named the Class 1A player of the year.
Maquire Isaak of Almira/Coulee-Hartline, who led the Warriors to a fifth-place finish at state, was named the Class 1B player of the year.
WIBCA named the coaches who won state titles — Gonzaga Prep’s Matty McIntyre (4A), O’Dea’s Jason Kerr (3A), Lynden’s Brian Roeper (2A), Zillah’s Mario Mengarelli (1A), Kittas’ Tim Ravet (2B) and Sunnyside Christian’s Dean Wagenaar (1B) — the Wayne Gilman Coaches Award.