Federal Way senior Christian Jones received a national honor Wednesday. The first baseman was named to the MaxPreps 2016 All-American Baseball Team’s second-team.
Washington’s state baseball Player of the Year for multiple media outlets, Jones batted .438 this season with 30 runs batted in and six home runs. Federal Way lost, 3-2, to Woodinville High in the regional round of the Class 4A state baseball tournament.
Jones, who helped the Eagles win a Class 4A state basketball championship, will play baseball for the University of Washington this fall.
“Christian is a game-changer,” UW coach Lindsay Meggs said recently. “When he steps in the batter’s box, everything comes to a screeching halt. If you don’t enjoy watching him swing the bat, then you don’t understand the game.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Report: UW men's basketball program dealing with seven positive COVID-19 tests within program
- What to watch for when the Seahawks take on the San Francisco 49ers in Week 13 — plus Bob Condotta’s prediction
- UW men's basketball game vs. No. 5 UCLA canceled due to COVID-19
- Despite report he's transferring back to Washington, Fresno State QB Jake Haener says he remains uncommitted
- Failed onside kick has Seahawks special teams coach Larry Izzo feeling 'just sick about it'