Federal Way senior Christian Jones received a national honor Wednesday. The first baseman was named to the MaxPreps 2016 All-American Baseball Team’s second-team.
Washington’s state baseball Player of the Year for multiple media outlets, Jones batted .438 this season with 30 runs batted in and six home runs. Federal Way lost, 3-2, to Woodinville High in the regional round of the Class 4A state baseball tournament.
Jones, who helped the Eagles win a Class 4A state basketball championship, will play baseball for the University of Washington this fall.
“Christian is a game-changer,” UW coach Lindsay Meggs said recently. “When he steps in the batter’s box, everything comes to a screeching halt. If you don’t enjoy watching him swing the bat, then you don’t understand the game.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's cooking days are over, as long as Pete Carroll remains the Seahawks' coach
- By backing Raphael Warnock against Kelly Loeffler, Sue Bird and the WNBA helped flip the Senate
- Analysis: Before hiring offensive coordinator, Seahawks' Pete Carroll must meet Russell Wilson in the middle
- The 2022 PGA Championship will no longer be played at Trump National Golf Club. Could it come to Sahalee Country Club instead?
- Report: Seahawks speak with former Eagles coach Doug Pederson about offensive-coordinator job