A number of playoff teams in the area have used the Seattle Seahawks’ practice facility in preparation for the postseason. Today the top-ranked Wolverines are the latest team to take practice to Renton.
It’s the second-straight year Bellevue has used the VMAC to prepare for a state championship and coach Butch Goncharoff thinks the indoor environment helps his team adapt to the Tacoma Dome.
“It’s good to get out and do something different,” Goncharoff said. “And it’s fun.”
And while the experience is cool for the kids, the team hopes it isn’t as cool as last year — when the heating wasn’t turned on.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Artie Burns struggled with Steelers, but Seahawks happy with what they've found
- Were boos directed at Russell Wilson a sign of things to come in his Seattle return?
- Mitch Haniger is back, Julio Rodriguez getting closer for Mariners
- Observations from the UW Huskies' fourth preseason practice
- Unlimited hydroplane owners believe, and hope, low boat count at Seafair this year is an anomaly
“It was cold. They left the door open it was freezing in there,” said Kendrick VanAckeren, a junior quarterback/safety.