NEW YORK (AP) — Olympic goalie Maddie Rooney is challenging Justin Bieber to take his best shot.
Rooney and the U.S. women’s gold-medal hockey team appeared on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Monday night. She says she’s still waiting for a tweet from Bieber.
Rooney says she’d like a chance to stop a shot from the hockey-playing Canadian pop star. She revealed a “Team Bieber” shirt under her USA jersey.
Rooney’s stop of a shootout goal against Canada clinched gold for the Americans.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Signs still point to Huskies in Rose Bowl
- What's unique about Seahawks QB Russell Wilson's preparation? It starts with his weekly print-outs.
- Introducing, the top 5 Thursday Night Football moments in the Pete Carroll era of Seahawks history
Jocelyn Lamoureux-Davidson’s triple-fake past the Canadian goalie in the shootout is nicknamed “Oops, I Did it Again.” Fallon asked, “Heard from Britney Spears?” Lamoureux-Davidson says she did get a tweet and thought it was “pretty cool.”
During their celebration tour, the players sat courtside and took photos with Serena and Venus Williams during a tennis match at Madison Square Garden. The team will attend home games of the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night.