CLEVELAND (AP) — Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade is out against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night because of an illness.
Wade played in 46 games last season with Cleveland, where he was reunited with long-time friend LeBron James, before being traded to Miami. He has announced he will retire after the season — his 16th in the NBA.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said several Miami players have been under the weather in recent days.
The 36-year-old Wade is averaging 14.1 points in 27 games this season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks 'were not comfortable' allowing Malik McDowell to try to continue playing, agent says
- Analysis: After breakout season, what's next for UW hoops? Here are 3 storylines to watch
- Spring practice primer: Eight (or more) breakout candidates for the UW Huskies
- One sad day doesn't change the solid foundation these Huskies have built | Matt Calkins
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events