EL PASO, Texas (AP) — Nigel Hawkins had 20 points as UTEP beat Florida International 85-75 on Saturday night.
Evan Gilyard had 16 points for UTEP (8-15, 3-9 Conference USA). Jordan Lathon added 16 points. Paul Thomas had 16 points and nine rebounds for the home team.
Devon Andrews scored a season-high 26 points for the Panthers (14-11, 5-7). Antonio Daye added 14 points. Willy Nunez Jr. had 10 points.
UTEP faces Louisiana Tech on the road on Thursday. Florida International plays Rice at home on Thursday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW Huskies to meet Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl in Chris Petersen's farewell game
- Rashaad Penny suffers 'significant' injury in Seahawks' loss to Rams
- Instant analysis: Impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Los Angeles Rams
- No. 9 Gonzaga men hold on for 83-76 victory over No. 22 Washington WATCH
- The Seahawks need to wake up after their lethargic performance against the Rams | Matt Calkins
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com