BOSTON (AP) — One of college football’s oldest rivalries will be visiting major league baseball’s oldest ballpark.
The Game between Harvard and Yale will be played at Fenway Park next year. It’s the first new site for the longtime football rivals since 1912.
Fenway Park hosted college football since it opened in 1912 and was the home of the Boston Patriots in the 1960s. This month, it was the site for several college games, including a Boston College victory over UConn.
The 135th edition of The Game is also the 50th anniversary of the historic 1968 tie, when Harvard scored 16 points in the final 42 seconds to escape defeat.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Observations from the UW Huskies' third practice of preseason camp
- The family Strong disrupts unlimited hydroplane racing with two boats that can help keep the sport alive
- Drew Lock outplays Geno Smith in Seahawks' mock game, but Pete Carroll mum on instant impressions
- Anatomy of an NFL contract: How Will Dissly, Seahawks agreed to the most ‘shocking’ deal of offseason
- UW football observations: QB Sam Huard impresses on Day 2 of fall camp
The school paper commemorated the comeback with the headline: “Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.”