PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Troy Harper scored 21 points and Alihan Demir added 19 points and eight rebounds, and Drexel defeated Elon 79-65 on Thursday night.
Trevor John added 12 points, all on 3-pointers, and James Butler scored 10 for Drexel (7-9, 1-2 Colonial Athletic Association).
Nathan Priddy had team highs of 14 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Phoenix (5-11, 1-2). Steven Santa Ana added 13 points and Sheldon Eberhardt scored 12.
A 3-pointer by John and a 3-point play by Demir got Drexel going in the second half and the Dragons quickly took an eight-point lead. The lead reached 20 points near the 7-minute mark and remained in double-digits, thanks in large part to Drexel’s 59 percent shooting in the second half.
Most Read Stories
- Special sunglasses, license-plate dresses: How to be anonymous in the age of surveillance WATCH
- The DEA seized her father's life savings at an airport without alleging any crime occurred, lawsuit says
- Move it or lose it, King County tells Lake Sammamish homeowners over structures in trail corridor
- Downtown Seattle Barnes & Noble store to close Saturday
- To new UW Huskies offensive coordinator John Donovan: an old friend says hello
Elon led 21-10 midway through the first half and still led 32-25 with 3:51 remaining before Drexel went on a 9-3 run to cut the deficit to 35-34 at halftime.