On this week's episode of ‘Hard Count,’ Geoff Baker chats with Tim Leiweke about possible KeyArena renovations. Plus, a look at UW football scheduling, whether guns will really be allowed in Seattle stadiums, and more.
On this week’s Hard Count with Geoff Baker, we catch up with Tim Leiweke, whose Oak View Group is looking to renovate KeyArena for NBA and NHL use. We’ll talk as well with his new Seattle point-man, onetime Seahawks executive Lance Lopes, about what it will take to get that project approved.
Plus, a chat with UW athletic director Jen Cohen about the Huskies football team and its non-conference scheduling.
This week’s headlines:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Hall of Famer Ron Francis to be hired as general manager of Seattle's new NHL team
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 90-76: Who’s at the bottom as training camp begins? | Analysis
- UW football dismisses Mosiah Nasili-Kite for violation of team rules
- 'It’s unacceptable' In Mariners' 9-2 loss to Oakland, Marco Gonzales questions why umpire stayed in game VIEW
- Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto on Logan Gilbert and Cal Raleigh's promotion to Class AA: 'We're pumped'
1. Lance Lopes and ICON Venues tabbed to lead Oak View Group bid to renovate KeyArena
2. Sounders victory in MLS Cup seen by more than 1.4 million viewers on Fox, the largest audience for the big game since 2001
3. Dallas Cowboys boost NFL TV ratings, but other marquee franchises, including the Seahawks, not pulling their weight
4. Michael Jordan scores an upset trademark dispute win in a Chinese courtroom
5. The NFL announces four more games in London next season, the most ever by the league in its decade-long UK venture
All that, plus, are lawmakers really going to allow concealed weapons in CenturyLink and Safeco Fields? And will cheerleaders be headed to the Olympic Games?