On this week's episode of ‘Hard Count,’ Geoff Baker chats with Tim Leiweke about possible KeyArena renovations. Plus, a look at UW football scheduling, whether guns will really be allowed in Seattle stadiums, and more.
On this week’s Hard Count with Geoff Baker, we catch up with Tim Leiweke, whose Oak View Group is looking to renovate KeyArena for NBA and NHL use. We’ll talk as well with his new Seattle point-man, onetime Seahawks executive Lance Lopes, about what it will take to get that project approved.
Plus, a chat with UW athletic director Jen Cohen about the Huskies football team and its non-conference scheduling.
This week’s headlines:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 13th practice of spring football
- Seattle had its greatest NBA moment since Sonics left when Damian Lillard waved 'goodbye' to OKC | Matt Calkins
- Felix Hernandez gives vintage performance vs. Padres — and Mariners give him vintage run support VIEW
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
1. Lance Lopes and ICON Venues tabbed to lead Oak View Group bid to renovate KeyArena
2. Sounders victory in MLS Cup seen by more than 1.4 million viewers on Fox, the largest audience for the big game since 2001
3. Dallas Cowboys boost NFL TV ratings, but other marquee franchises, including the Seahawks, not pulling their weight
4. Michael Jordan scores an upset trademark dispute win in a Chinese courtroom
5. The NFL announces four more games in London next season, the most ever by the league in its decade-long UK venture
All that, plus, are lawmakers really going to allow concealed weapons in CenturyLink and Safeco Fields? And will cheerleaders be headed to the Olympic Games?