The Zags had won their first five conference games by at least 29 points, but the Dons kept it respectable, 76-65.
SAN FRANCISCO — Johnathan Williams scored 17 points and Josh Perkins added 16 to lead No. 15 Gonzaga to its 18th straight road victory in the West Coast Conference, 75-65 over San Francisco on Saturday night.
The Bulldogs (16-3, 6-0 WCC) got a rare test in conference play after winning their first five games by at least 29 points. But they were up to the task with help from two key blocked shots late by Rei Hachimura.
Silas Melson had 14 points and Hachimura added 10 as Gonzaga was held nearly 16 points below the its average but still managed to win its 12th straight in the series.
Souley Boum scored 22 points and Frankie Ferrari added 18 for the Dons (10-9, 2-4). San Francisco has lost 14 straight games against ranked opponents since beating Gonzaga in 2012.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Who stands just outside the top 10 on our list?
- Ryon Healy still grinding, but he's running out of time to keep his spot with Mariners | Calkins
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Can these top draft picks fill the shoes of the big names they're replacing?
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: How to work around a lack of prospects? An extension for Mitch Haniger?
- Marco Gonzales is strong, Ryon Healy is even stronger in Mariners' series win over White Sox VIEW
• Jessie Loera had career highs with 15 points and nine assists as the Gonzaga women (13-4, 6-0) stayed unbeaten in the WCC with a 74-47 win over San Francisco (8-9, 3-3) in Spokane.