Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league.
Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams’ pursuit of a spot in the NBA took another step forward.
The 6-foot-9 forward apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league. The NBA club announced Saturday it has signed Williams. No terms were released.
Williams is expected to be one of 20 players — 15 are believed to have guaranteed contracts — at camp in September.
Williams signed a partial-guarantee contract to join the Lakers for summer league. He averaged 24.6 minutes, 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds and blocked a team-leading five shots in seven contests.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- Impressions from UW's win over Utah: Defense peaking as Huskies close in on Pac-12 crown WATCH
- Not allowing a basket for nearly half the game, UW makes Utah latest victim of swarming defense VIEW
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
- After month of twists and turns, what happens now with Colin Kaepernick and the NFL? | Matt Calkins