Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league.
Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams’ pursuit of a spot in the NBA took another step forward.
The 6-foot-9 forward apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league. The NBA club announced Saturday it has signed Williams. No terms were released.
Williams is expected to be one of 20 players — 15 are believed to have guaranteed contracts — at camp in September.
Williams signed a partial-guarantee contract to join the Lakers for summer league. He averaged 24.6 minutes, 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds and blocked a team-leading five shots in seven contests.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners trade left-hander James Paxton to the Yankees for three prospects
- Analysis: Seahawks' playoff hopes aided greatly by events of the weekend
- Pullman police video shows officer using Taser on former WSU football player WATCH
- UW Huskies, WSU Cougars continue to climb in final AP poll ahead of the Apple Cup
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations