Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league.
Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams’ pursuit of a spot in the NBA took another step forward.
The 6-foot-9 forward apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league. The NBA club announced Saturday it has signed Williams. No terms were released.
Williams is expected to be one of 20 players — 15 are believed to have guaranteed contracts — at camp in September.
Williams signed a partial-guarantee contract to join the Lakers for summer league. He averaged 24.6 minutes, 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds and blocked a team-leading five shots in seven contests.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- All Seahawks show in Monday night loss to Bears is the extent of their decline
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football