Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league.
Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams’ pursuit of a spot in the NBA took another step forward.
The 6-foot-9 forward apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league. The NBA club announced Saturday it has signed Williams. No terms were released.
Williams is expected to be one of 20 players — 15 are believed to have guaranteed contracts — at camp in September.
Williams signed a partial-guarantee contract to join the Lakers for summer league. He averaged 24.6 minutes, 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds and blocked a team-leading five shots in seven contests.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory
- Let's make a deal? Assessing the Mariners' likely trade chips as deadline looms | Analysis
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 45-31: A lot of rookies expected to play key roles | Analysis
- Storm’s Natasha Howard denies domestic-abuse allegations, accuses wife of stabbing her and taking nearly $600,000
- For Mariners fans and teammates alike, why the connection to Edgar Martinez is so deep and so emotional | Larry Stone