Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league.
Former Gonzaga Bulldog Johnathan Williams’ pursuit of a spot in the NBA took another step forward.
The 6-foot-9 forward apparently made a good impression on the Los Angeles Lakers in summer league. The NBA club announced Saturday it has signed Williams. No terms were released.
Williams is expected to be one of 20 players — 15 are believed to have guaranteed contracts — at camp in September.
Williams signed a partial-guarantee contract to join the Lakers for summer league. He averaged 24.6 minutes, 4.4 points and 4.6 rebounds and blocked a team-leading five shots in seven contests.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor raises 12th man flag, reveals he has spinal stenosis WATCH
- Earl Thomas in his own words: On sitting out Seahawks practice, and whether he might get traded
- 'Where's Waldo': No. 10 UW Huskies make N'Keal Harry go missing and shut down Sun Devils
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' 27-20 victory over Arizona State
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' 24-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys WATCH