Gonzaga game at a glance
Player of the game
Playing 40 minutes, Ohio State guard Aaron Craft had 17 points and 10 assists and helped hold Gonzaga’s Kevin Pangos to a 3-for-13 shooting day.
Key to the game
While OSU All-American Jared Sullinger had a relatively understated day — 18 points and four rebounds — other Buckeyes, including Craft and forward Deshaun Thomas (17 points), stepped up.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Naked, drunken man drives into tree while having sex near Tacoma, police say
- Seattle pot-shop mural: art or ad appealing to kids?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Skagit River causes major flooding from highest flow in 11 years
Sullinger hit two short-range shots starting at the 3:36 mark, as the Buckeyes broke from a 61-all tie, and at the other end, they held Gonzaga scoreless on five consecutive possessions.
Quote of the day
“They have a variety of guys. It isn’t just Sullinger, I can tell you that. They’ve got some guys that can really make some shots.” — Gonzaga coach Mark Few, on Ohio State’s balance.