Zags will open Nov. 19 against Illinois
Gonzaga will open against Illinois in the nightcap of the Maui Invitational’s first day.
The Zags and Illini will tip at 8:30 p.m. Pacific on ESPN2 on Nov. 19 at the Lahaina Civic Center. Arizona and Iowa State clash at 6, with the winners meeting in a second- round game and the losers meeting in the losers’ bracket.
If Gonzaga’s second-round game is in the winner’s bracket, it will tip at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. If the Zags are in the consolation bracket, they’ll play at 2 p.m. on ESPN2.
In openers on the other half of the bracket, Duke faces San Diego State and Auburn meets Xavier.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Coveted 2020 four-star wide receiver Jalen McMillan verbally commits to UW Huskies
- Mariners owner John Stanton's view on the team's 'step-back' plan: Optimistic yet frustrated
- Megan Rapinoe isn't here to make you comfortable | Jerry Brewer
- Seahawks mailbag: Examining the potential roles for DK Metcalf, L.J. Collier and Shaquem Griffin | Analysis
- Megan Rapinoe says 'I'm not going to the White House,' prompting Trump to invite USWNT
“The Maui Invitational is the best preseason tournament in college basketball,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “This year’s field may be the best ever, made up by legendary programs. We love taking our fans and program to Maui. It has a special place in my heart with how much time I’ve spent there with my family.”