Zags will open Nov. 19 against Illinois
Gonzaga will open against Illinois in the nightcap of the Maui Invitational’s first day.
The Zags and Illini will tip at 8:30 p.m. Pacific on ESPN2 on Nov. 19 at the Lahaina Civic Center. Arizona and Iowa State clash at 6, with the winners meeting in a second- round game and the losers meeting in the losers’ bracket.
If Gonzaga’s second-round game is in the winner’s bracket, it will tip at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. If the Zags are in the consolation bracket, they’ll play at 2 p.m. on ESPN2.
In openers on the other half of the bracket, Duke faces San Diego State and Auburn meets Xavier.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Breaking down the M's new 'step back' roster building strategy as their wild offseason continues
- Seahawks linebacker Shaquem Griffin keeps telling his story so kids like these can tell theirs
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- WSU's Gardner Minshew shows how valuable a grad transfer QB can be to a team. But you'll never see that at UW.
- Who won the James Paxton trade? Here's what the national media are saying about the Mariners-Yankees blockbuster
“The Maui Invitational is the best preseason tournament in college basketball,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “This year’s field may be the best ever, made up by legendary programs. We love taking our fans and program to Maui. It has a special place in my heart with how much time I’ve spent there with my family.”