Zags will open Nov. 19 against Illinois
Gonzaga will open against Illinois in the nightcap of the Maui Invitational’s first day.
The Zags and Illini will tip at 8:30 p.m. Pacific on ESPN2 on Nov. 19 at the Lahaina Civic Center. Arizona and Iowa State clash at 6, with the winners meeting in a second- round game and the losers meeting in the losers’ bracket.
If Gonzaga’s second-round game is in the winner’s bracket, it will tip at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. If the Zags are in the consolation bracket, they’ll play at 2 p.m. on ESPN2.
In openers on the other half of the bracket, Duke faces San Diego State and Auburn meets Xavier.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Washington football 2019 signing day superlatives: Who's the biggest get? The biggest sleeper?
- The Pac-12's optics get even worse following report on conference's TV network | Matt Calkins
- There’s no challenge too great for Teresa Buchholz — a Seattle U dancer born without arms. Just don’t call her inspiring. WATCH
- Tyler Lockett and Doug Baldwin are an elite duo, but the Seahawks could look to add a third receiver | 2019 position analysis
- The Pac-12 Networks are struggling worse than you imagine
“The Maui Invitational is the best preseason tournament in college basketball,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “This year’s field may be the best ever, made up by legendary programs. We love taking our fans and program to Maui. It has a special place in my heart with how much time I’ve spent there with my family.”