Zags will open Nov. 19 against Illinois
Gonzaga will open against Illinois in the nightcap of the Maui Invitational’s first day.
The Zags and Illini will tip at 8:30 p.m. Pacific on ESPN2 on Nov. 19 at the Lahaina Civic Center. Arizona and Iowa State clash at 6, with the winners meeting in a second- round game and the losers meeting in the losers’ bracket.
If Gonzaga’s second-round game is in the winner’s bracket, it will tip at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. If the Zags are in the consolation bracket, they’ll play at 2 p.m. on ESPN2.
In openers on the other half of the bracket, Duke faces San Diego State and Auburn meets Xavier.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
- ‘It’s all love’: UW’s Byron Murphy and ASU’s N’Keal Harry prepping for first head-to-head matchup
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
“The Maui Invitational is the best preseason tournament in college basketball,” Gonzaga coach Mark Few said. “This year’s field may be the best ever, made up by legendary programs. We love taking our fans and program to Maui. It has a special place in my heart with how much time I’ve spent there with my family.”